[arm-allstar] NODE disconnected ?

Doug Crompton wa3dsp at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 12:13:26 EST 2020

Luc,

 How telemetry is transferred is determined by the telemdefault command and
what you actually hear is determined by the telemdefault command.

This is a snippet of the command from the rpt.conf file. The default
setting is 2

telemdefault=2
                                ; 0= voice telemetry off, 1= on,
                                ; 2= Only your telemetry actions
                                ; then mutes in 1 minute

If you turn it off you will never hear connect/disconnect message. On you
always do, and in mode 2 it will only be on if you at your node initiate a
connect or disconnect and then it mutes in about 1 minute.

The confusion is often that mute period because if you do a connect in mode
2 you will hear your connect message BUT you will also hear any other
connect messages from others for the next minute or so.