[arm-allstar] Speaker only Node

Kevin Davis blu666z at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 10:57:26 EDT 2020

If someone wanted a node that was strictly monitor only, is there the
possibility of using the 3.5mm jack on the Pi for a speaker, or would a
modified USB soundcard still be required?

I've been using my radioless node for making various announcements in my
office regarding conference call reminders, status announcements from other
non-allstar PIs on my network, etc.  I would like to solely designate a
node to this so I don't miss these announcements when I've turned down my
node due to noise on a reflector or a QSO I'm not interested in listening
to.

Thanks for any ideas.

-Kevin (KE7K)