[arm-allstar] Radio-less node

larry larry at n7fm.com
Tue Jul 21 22:57:08 EDT 2020

Don,

I am failing to understand your "There all sorts of "plans" but no
operation instructions !!"

An Allstar Radio-less node is no different than any other simplex
Allstar node. The only exception is it doesn't utilize a transceiver to
talk and listen on.
I have looked and see 2 node numbers assigned to your call. Neither are
showing as Active at the moment.

As for what you would like your Nodes to do, that is something you need
to decide what their purpose will be.

Currently a radio-less node does nothing until you connect it elsewhere
on the Allstar Network or someone connects to it.
Once connected you can use the mic to talk and the Speaker to hear a reply.

Go here <https://www.allstarlink.org/nodelist/> Choose a node number and
dial *3 and the node number you chose (all one sequence)
It should connect to the chosen Node. to Disconnect later Dial *1 and
the node number you called.

I would suggest that you visit the Hamvoip web site and read the HOW
TOs. You also need to give some thought about what you want to accomplish.
Once you create your so called "Plan" tell the group here what that is.
I'm sure you will receive all the help you need to perform those functions.

Larry - N7FM