[arm-allstar] Hamvoip AP

kg5rdf kg5rdf at gmail.com
Sat Jul 11 00:05:02 EDT 2020

David,I putting together a multi port controller. The router I have works, but would like not to use it. If I load pacman -S hostapd, will it work with hamvoip or does it returns the node id instead of the loop back address?Thanks David KG5RDFSent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device
-------- Original message --------From: David McGough <kb4fxc at inttek.net> Date: 7/10/20  10:35 PM  (GMT-06:00) To: kg5rdf via ARM-allstar <arm-allstar at hamvoip.org> Cc: kg5rdf <kg5rdf at gmail.com> Subject: Re: [arm-allstar] Hamvoip AP I recommend leaving all the nodes setup as clients and then use a stand-alone AP, such as the Ubnt Nanostation Loco. I run WiFi everywhere, even in my aluminum cabinets. I turn the WiFi power levels down to 0dBm for in-cabinet links.https://www.amazon.com/Ubiquiti-NanoStation-locoM2-2-4GHz-Outdoor/dp/B00DCNRTAG73, David KB4FXCOn Fri, 10 Jul 2020, "kg5rdf via ARM-allstar" wrote:> Bryan,I do not believe a router is required. That is what I am doing now. I am thinking one node can be put in Ap mode.David KG5RDF