[arm-allstar] Allstar Controller Auto Connect Timer

Darrell Black gigahacker at gmail.com
Mon Jan 27 07:49:24 EST 2020

All, we have a RPI3 running a MTR2000 as a repeater controller. The
controller is behind a city firewall so we can only dial out. This weekend
someone hooked a fiber cable in our city and ripped down 300 yards of it.
While the internet was out the repeater went into a "trying to connect" to
the HUB cycle. This made the FM side of the repeater hiccup every 5
seconds. It was for the most part unusable. It took me a few hours of
thinking about it, then I sent a *76 which disconnected the node (it was
not really connected) and the repeater was usable again. When the
internet came back up, I had to reboot the controller (node) so it
would run the startup macro again and connect to the HUB. So, my question
is. Can I change the timer from 5 seconds to say 10 minutes? If so where do
I look for this? Is there a better answer then changing the timer?

--

Darrell Black

(517) 917-2226
GigaHacker at gmail.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/darrellblack

73 de W8DSB
"In God we trust, all others we monitor"

GMRS WRDE739