[arm-allstar] G7RPG MicroHub and Unknown Wi-Fi

Patrick Perdue borrisinabox at gmail.com
Sat Feb 29 19:55:44 EST 2020

I don't know of a fully functional and accessible (voiceover) Bluetooth
terminal on iOS, but yes, that should work, in theory. There is this
one, but I've not tested it.
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/bluterm-serial-terminal/id1043611281

You'd have to configure TTY for bluetooth on the Pi first.

Terminal apps on iOS are generally not awesome to use with voiceover,
with some exceptions, like Ish, and the old, now sadly discontinued
Prompt. Ish is an implementation of Alpine Linux for iOS, by the way.

You could also, with some scripting, have the rPi offer itself as an
access point when no known networks are detected. You could then connect
to that with some device to give you SSH access long enough to scan for
or manually add a network, and reboot. There are some potential problems
with this approach, such as, if you go out of range of a known network,
or if the connection drops long enough for any given reason, it will
drop and probably never reconnect again until the next reboot.

I'm not sure what you would do about captive portals, though, if you
only have access to text terminals, as we do. Xterm is not an option for
us blind folks. Elunx in a terminal window?