[arm-allstar] AMBERT ALERT

Aaron Groover w3ntt.repeater at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 07:46:12 EST 2020

They still send out via 2 tone paging as well too for NOAA? Remember those days. Everyone’s voice pager going off at work when a drop of rain hits the ground.

--

Thank You,

Aaron Groover
(610) 379 6148
K3ALG at outlook.com

The content of this email is confidential and intended for the recipient specified in message only. It is strictly forbidden to share any part of this message with any third party, without a written consent of the sender. If you received this message by mistake, please reply to this message and follow with its deletion, so that we can ensure such a mistake does not occur in the future.

**This message has been composed on a mobile application. Please excuse any grammatical errors**

> On Dec 13, 2020, at 23:21, Steve L via ARM-allstar <arm-allstar at hamvoip.org> wrote:
>
> Amber alerts here in the US are sent out to all NOAA weather channels.
> There is a SAME data burst for Amber alerts.
>
> https://www.weather.gov/grb/nwr_same
>
> Multimon-ng will decode these data bursts:
>
> https://github.com/EliasOenal/multimon-ng/
>
>> On Sun, Dec 13, 2020 at 6:30 PM "Luc Drolet VE2LUQ via ARM-allstar"
>> <arm-allstar at hamvoip.org> wrote:
>>
>> Hi RON,
>>
>> but I say to myself for a good cause for our children
>>
>> currently for us in Quebec, this evening we had this alert, and to help all the police officers etc,
>>
>> but I understand for you,
>> is it possible to make an exception for a good cause !!!
>>
>> Good night
>>
>> 73’s
>>
>> Luc
>> VE2LUQ

>>> Personally I think this is great but the alert already goes out on your cell phone.  Also in the states, one way transmissions are prohibited in the Amateur Part 97 Radio Service.  WA2WWK

>>> Hello to you,
>>>
>>> For the protection of our children, is it possible to put the AMBERT ALERT on our repeaters
>>> in this way more than there are people who inform her
>>> the faster we can get the kids back
>>>
>>> I don't know if it can be possible to do this on our NODES?
>>>
>>> a suggestion for the protection of our children
>>>

>>> Thank you and good evening
>>>
>>> 73’s
>>> Luc