[arm-allstar] Dummies Guide for SIP phone connection to AllStar Node

Doug Crompton wa3dsp at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 16:08:45 EDT 2020

I wrote the prior email late at night and after looking at it again and
while it was accurate it is probably different then your circumstance. I
have Asterisk running here on a separate server as my PBX. It is using an
old version of the hamvoip code. I did everything manually years ago adding
lots of functionality to my phone system. I can control lighting via DTMF
and many other things from a customized extensions.conf file. The IAX
protocol is specific to Asterisk and allows communications between Asterisk
servers and other devices. The radio app is just an extension of that over
radio. So I have my PBX server which has sip, iax, and analog phones
through an adapter connected to it, connected to several of my Allstar
servers via iax. The PBX also has a dedicated sip connection to a vacation
property in another state. So I can pick up any phone at either location
and dial a 3 digit *nu*mber and get connected to Allstar.

I don't know what your phone system is there but In its simplest form this
could all be done in one sever if desired. You could connect a sip (or IAX)
phone on your network, and configure sip.conf and extensions.conf to accept
a call and route it to app_rpt.

*73 Doug, WA3DSP*
*http://wa3dsp.org <http://wa3dsp.org>*