[arm-allstar] Duplex setting

John Simmons jasimmons at pinewooddata.com
Wed Sep 18 20:42:18 EDT 2019

Steve,

Thanks for your informative reply. I am guilty of leaving out the fact
that the VHF repeater is a split site.

I spent several hours this afternoon trying different configurations and
found that if I set rxondelay to 100 on the VHF TX node that the
ping-pong problem went away. I have the VHF RX node set to duplex=0 but
the VHF transmit node set to duplex=1 so that I get the hang time and
telemetry. I guess I learned a lot more from my experiments and doing
things the hard way.

I come from a background of 27 years working in a commercial two-way
shop designing and building custom systems, but this Allstar gig is a
new one on me. I worked a lot with Zetron gear and learned to understand
their oddball logic including all the config files in the Series 2000.

73,

-de John NI0K