[arm-allstar] export DTMF as variable to bash

Patrick Perdue borrisinabox at gmail.com
Thu Oct 31 17:24:21 EDT 2019

Hi Steve:

Yes, I'm definitely interested at looking at this script. I'm
particularly interested to see how you handle switching TX and RX
talkgroups on the fly, as I didn't know this could be done with
DVSwitch. Also, are you using hardware or software vocoding? I'm using
md380-enu until my ThumbDV's arrive (my other ThumbDV's are on a
different project.) Just wondering if you've done any filtering on the
hamvoip side, and/or changes to Analog_Bridge to optimize audio between
modes. After running the bridge for a few days, I'm discovering that
some radios, particularly Kenwoods, are emphasized in such a way that
they are almost not understandable on DMR. Some of that could be fixed
with a few well tuned notches, I think, but I'd like to do more DSP,
like multi-band compression to try for a more uniform sound across
multiple different types of radios, maybe even a downward
expanderbetween Asterisk and the vocoder, but not sure of a way to make
this happen, either within Asterisk or somehow piping Analog_Bridge to
SoX for processing, then back to Analog_Bridge to send off. This is a
bit off-topic for this group, but I'm interested in any optimizations
you may have done.