[arm-allstar] Newbie with an off-the -wall problem

David McGough kb4fxc at inttek.net
Thu Nov 7 10:13:08 EST 2019

John,

Your strategy should work fine. Just power the RPi down and remove the SD
card to update it. You can "man-handle" the HamVoIP (or ANY Linux) distro
easily, if you can directly access the root filesystem. You're directly
accessing the root filesystem when reading the SD card.

Also, I'll mention that you can easily reset the root (or other)
passwords by simply replacing the /etc/shadow file with a version that has
known passwords. The same goes for the wpa-supplicant file, etc.

73, David KB4FXC