[arm-allstar] Hamvoip Distribution Update 1.6-05

David McGough kb4fxc at inttek.net
Wed Nov 6 17:16:33 EST 2019

Hi Roger,

No recent reports of odd problems thus far?

There have been some isolated reports of audio problems like this in the
past---almost like the sample rate is wrong (too high).

I've heard this myself a few times over the years, both with stock and
HamVoIP systems. I believe the issue I've heard was related to CODEC
negotiation between linked systems, particularly related to the g726aal2
CODEC.  On the systems I maintain, I run either uLAW or iLBC and I don't
think I've ever heard this type issue with these CODECs.

73, David KB4FXC

On Wed, 6 Nov 2019, "[UTF-8] Roger Coudé via ARM-allstar" wrote:

>  David,
Has anyone reported about intermittent tremolo in voice for system with 2 or 3 sound cards after last major update?
73
Roger
VE2DBE