[arm-allstar] timed link disconnect from receiving node

Lawrence Roney roney at chiarappa.com
Fri May 17 13:28:04 EDT 2019

Hopefully, without turning this into a discussion on FCC rules...

After doing research and getting opinions from others on implementing a timed disconnect for a WX rebroadcasting node, it appears that retransmission of NOAA weather radio is an allowed exception in Part § 97.113(c) as long as the original transmission 1) is intended for use by the general public, 2) originated from United States Government stations, and 3) is only conducted occasionally as an incident of normal amateur radio communications.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/47/97.113

Thanks for everyone's suggestions.  I will pass them along to the owner of the WX node.

Lawrence - N6YFN