[arm-allstar] speaktext question

Doug Crompton wa3dsp at gmail.com
Wed May 1 23:21:54 EDT 2019

Goerge,

 You could send it out globally rather than local and if that remote node
is connected it would play there. Of course it would also go anywhere else
connected.  I modified speaktext some time back to allow it to save to a
file rather than immediately speak the text so you could do something like
this...

speaktest.sh $1 "File"
asterisk -rx "rpt playback 1999 /tmp/radommsg"

Where $1 is the text you want to speak.

If you just wanted it to play on that one remote node and no where else you
would have to write a script to transfer the file there and then have a
waiting script at the other end localplay it. It could be done but it would
be a lot eaier to do it the global way.