[arm-allstar] Hub node list alarm email

Doug Crompton wa3dsp at gmail.com
Mon Mar 18 23:11:34 EDT 2019

Chris,

 There is a way to do many things but you have to write scripts or programs
to do it. That is the idea of the howto and example script. We can't write
scripts for everything. Users can take the examples and write scripts to do
there task.

In your case you would check to see if the link is connected and if not
send a text. The problem with link checking is that if you use *73
permanent connects it will always show connected even if it is in a
reconnect state. The best thing to do is use permanent connects and it will
reconnect when the circuit comes back or you can use *3 but it will
disconnect at minor circuit outages or if the destination node goes down
and you can get a warning in that case but it would be a pain since you
would then have to manually reconnect it each time.