[arm-allstar] Baofeng COS without opening the radio

Fred Hillhouse fmhillhouse at comcast.net
Mon Mar 4 17:00:11 EST 2019

Having been using APRS in some form or another for the last bunch of years, I knew about the volume setting problem. Personally I have always tapped the discriminator for audio for APRS. I have helped a few get their HT on APRS as well. The most difficult part for some has been turning the radio on and setting the volume to the same point each time.

I was looking at the BF-888 mainly because I can get them on Amazon in the $10 range and with free shipping. Although, for double the money I could get the UV-5R EX and have VHF too.

Thanks!

Best regards,
Fred N7FMH