[arm-allstar] Log

Doug Crompton wa3dsp at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 03:44:10 EST 2019

Luc,

 Actually what I told you about linking (the ln command) will not work. It
will not hurt anything but it will not work. You can make the links as
described but you are making them in a tmpfile system and they will go away
when you reboot. Instead do this:

Do the devmon stuff and make sure it sees the stick at boot as in the last
message,

in /etc/rc.local add this BEFORE  rc.allstar - copy and paste to avoid
errors

# setup Asterisk directory in tmpfs
if [ ! -d /var/log/asterisk ] ; then
    mkdir /var/log/asterisk
fi

Then add the ln command(s) AFTER these lines and still BEFORE rc.allstar to
link the files you want over onto the USB stick.

ln -s /media/log/asterisk/some_file /var/log/asterisk/somefile

Obviously use names appropriate to your system.

This re-establishes the link at each boot. Then at every boot the stick
will be mounted and the links established.

This will ensure the directories and links are there before Allstar starts.

Do not modify rc.allstar. This is not a user file and can be overwritten.