[arm-allstar] dual node using Zoiper

Doug Crompton wa3dsp at gmail.com
Sat Jun 22 23:48:17 EDT 2019

Kevin,

 Zoiper is just an iax connection like any other connection to your
node(s).  The thing you have to remember when using phone connections is
that you often need two account, one for local using wifi and local IP
addresses and one when using it outside of your LAN and a public IP in
which case you would need to have the iax port forwarded in your router to
that server. This may already be done if you did it for incoming radio iax
connections.

The phone application (Zoiper) passes the node to connect to. This is just
the same as if someone was connecting from the outside with a non-phone
connection. Both nodes using the same server have the same IP address and
port the only thing that differs is the node number which must be passed
from the application.

I am not familiar with the Zoiper application but I believe your problem is
a setup issue within Zoiper. Don't you specify the node number in the
account info? The user/pass would be the same for both.

Another question would be can you or someone else connect in to both of
these nodes from outside from a distant Allstar node?

Make sure the stanza in extensions.conf that the iax stanza calls has both
nodes defined! Similar to this -

[myphone]
exten=12345,1,rpt(12345|P)
exten=54321,1,rpt(54321|P)

I suspect you are using an IOS product but if you are Android a better
choice would be the DVSwitch app.