[arm-allstar] Pi3B vs Pi2B temperatures

Sam Skolfield kj6qfs at gmail.com
Tue Jul 16 04:12:09 EDT 2019

Hello all,
I've been running a simple node on a Pi2B for a year now, a single node
with a voter instance. It's always displayed around 107º-113º, typically 107
º. Last night I just set up a fresh install on a brand new Pi3B with
heatsink kit with the same voter setup, and was surprised to see it up in
the 120º range. I ran top on both servers and compared, they seemed to have
a similar load. I swapped microSD cards and sure enough the new Pi3B still
ran hot! Both Pis are in plastic enclosures. Perhaps the adhesive heatsink
compound is hurting more than helping? I'm curious if anyone has had
similar experience.

--
KJ6QFS
Sam Skolfield