[arm-allstar] Controller Connections

K6ECS Allstar allstar at controlservers.net
Sun Jul 14 00:42:53 EDT 2019

Mike,

Let me be clear for all. The server was previously in my home which is where I run an IT firm from. We have high speed broadband and the repeater site had none. We used a radio to talk to the server and relay over Allstar/IRLP. It was a work-around. But my expensive business line has "flapping." This is when your router advertises one path but takes multiple paths instead. But in the incorrect term of Spectrum business it is when the line drops off and on. We were dropping packets and thus connections. Now we have high speed internet over a 25 site 5.8 GHz network and the ability to add more sites. Due to my health I hadn't done anything with this over 5 years. Our Dell simple GX520 blew a power supply during multiple brown-outs and we've been down since. My health has improved and now it's time to get immersed in Allstar. The person doing it bailed on me. He claimed to be an "electronics technician" but knew squat. He wouldn't touch the repeater each time until reading the manual in detail. I had to say "DUDE! Solder the wires here and here and just get it done!"