[arm-allstar] UV-82 No audio/DTMF input

Dave Perkins briznead at comcast.net
Tue Jul 9 01:46:53 EDT 2019

Hi,

I put together an Allstar node using an RPi3, UV-82, and an RA-40
sound fob....Did the mod to the UV82 using the Hamvoip article.

All came together just fine. However, I am not getting any audio
input or DTMF to the UV82. Even when using the CLI client, nothing
shows. I can manually connect to a node using rpt fun <mynode> *32560
Radio will connect and I can hear stations talking just fine. I key
down to transmit and I can see the UV82 receiving my signal, but it
is not going out. When I use simple_tune on option 2 (RX level
adjust) I see normal deviation when I talk. It is currently set to
400 and the levels are fine and within the scale between the 3-5 range..

4.7K resistors installed on RX and TX. 10K on COS as well as the FET.

I've checked my wiring three (3) times now and can't figure out what
is going on. I saw another person on this list had the same problem
but never saw if his issue was solved.

Thanks
Dave
KC6ZBE