[arm-allstar] TXONDELAY needed

Roger Coudé ve2dbe at yahoo.ca
Sun Feb 10 19:09:06 EST 2019

I have a few old Motorola Maxtrac that I use in pair to build VHF repeaters.
For the Rx side, I remove the power amplifier, and feed directly the RF to the Rx front end input.
That makes a very good receiver.
For the transmitter, I use the front jack to feed ptt and tx audio.
All with cooling fan and limited power for continous duty.
Everything goes fine, but once in a while, the transmitter just ignores the ptt.
Using a mike, I realized that a short outage in the ptt inhibits the tx power until ptt is released.
I have a solution in mind with gates and delays, but a software solution would indeed be much more elegant.
So the problem happens if remote or local activities create a small glitch on the TX ptt line.
Is it possible, as you did so well with the negative RxOnDelay parameter, that just after the ptt is
released a similar delay would detect ptt release and block the next ptt activation for half a second or so.

In other words, if the ptt reaches the end of the squelch tail, there would be a forced short silent period.
73
Roger
VE2DBE