[arm-allstar] file-backup.sh anomalies

Tony Ross ynotssor at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 3 14:20:13 EST 2019

In the /usr/local/sbin/file-backup.sh script are some old artifacts that
may cause confusion to others as they did to me until I examined the
script. There are two references to the now-defunct
/usr/local/etc/usb-backup.conf file, according to
https://hamvoip.org/backup-howto.pdf one of which is displayed in the
user message when one runs the script, the other is a comment:

cat << _EOF
    +=================================================+
    |  This script backs up your node information and |
    |  files which are likely to change and are not   |
    |  included in hamvoip updates. Users can change  |
    |  the included files and directories in the      |
    |  /usr/local/etc/usb-backup.conf file. Backups   |
    |  are to a standard USB stick with vFAT, exFAT,  |
    |  ntfs, or Linux formatting or if a stick is not |
    |  available to the '/' top directory where you   |
    |  can copy to another system or medium.          |

_EOF
# User changes to the include list should be made in the
# /usr/local/etc/usb-backup.conf file.

This is easily remedied with "sed -i 's|usb-backup.conf|backup.conf|g'
/usr/local/sbin/file-backup.sh" or the next admin update.