[arm-allstar] node callsign script

Patrick Perdue borrisinabox at gmail.com
Tue Dec 24 01:48:52 EST 2019

My first comment is that a lot of this would be better with a faster
voice than Allison. I'm working on this. I've generated a few voice
packs, just need to get them in an easily distributed format. That's a
job for when I get back home in a couple of weeks.

Secondly, I would personally have all messages like that disabled in a
repeater situation, but you could possibly do what you are looking for
re beeps. Note that I haven't tested this, and what I am about to write
could be completely misleading and totally inaccurate. People who know
more about this, feel free to correct as necessary. And, also, there are
probably better ways of doing this even if it does work, such as
invoking Asterisk's tone generator, which I don't know how to do in this
context, or perhaps a way to invoke this function without going outside
of Asterisk and back in again, but it's an idea, anyway.

In rpt.conf, With telemdefault set to 2 (or possibly 0, not sure about
this,) add this to the stanza for your node.

connpgm=/usr/bin/asterisk -rx "rpt localplay <Your_Node_Number>
/etc/asterisk/local/connect_sound"

disconpgm=/usr/bin/asterisk -rx "rpt localplay <Your_Node_Number>
/etc/asterisk/local/disconnect_sound"

and generate appropriately formatted (ULAW) files for Asterisk to play
when a node connects or disconnects from your node. You can create
sounds with any audio editor/tone generator, save as mono wav, then
convert using the convert_audio.sh script on hamvoip. Theoretically, the
sampling rate won't matter too much, as SoX takes care of all that in
the conversion process. If you would like me to generate tones for you,
let me know.

This will not propagate to the network. The sounds will only play on the
radio connected to the local node.