[arm-allstar] GPIO control of a Tait Radio.

Simon ZL1SWW zl1sww at orcon.net.nz
Thu Dec 19 04:01:51 EST 2019

Hi all,

I am wondering if anyone has done a GPIO control of a Tait radio (in my case
a Tait 8110)? These radios have a 4 bit GPIO control port whereby you could
change channels by presenting a BCD pattern on the port. Would be good to be
able to remotely change channels on my node by DVswitch for example. Could
use a COP command to do it hopefully.

Could use GPIO via a bus transceiver chip  to level shift from 3V to 5 V  or
maybe there is some USB to GPIO adapter out there?

Anyone tried this?

Thanks,

Simon

ZL1SWW