[arm-allstar] Weather Service Interface

Mike Sullivan kn4imu at gmail.com
Wed Aug 21 00:18:52 EDT 2019

Our club wired a Reecom weather radio to our repeater controller, there is
a jack on the radio that activates the Alarm input on our controller and
toggles the Aux audio on to broadcast the message when an alert is
received. Our controller is an RC-210, so if you don't have one, you may
have to see about wiring up a weather radio to another USB interface and
set the alarm output as a PTT trigger of some sort.  See
http://www.repeater-builder.com/arcom/wx-radio-to-rc210.html

Hamvoip does have the ability to run AutoSky which announces weather alerts
but does not give the full broadcast the NWS does over their transmitters.

Mike