[arm-allstar] Playing mp3 via Allstar DTMF command

Doug Crompton wa3dsp at gmail.com
Tue Aug 13 22:15:23 EDT 2019

Kyle,

 Refer to the tts howto at hamvoip.org.  Here is an example to convert a
.wav file to a .ul -

sox -V audio.wav -r 8000 -c 1 -t ul audio.ul

Then you would play it globally using -

/usr/bin/asterisk -rx "rpt playback <node> audio"

Note you do not use the file extent (.ul in this case)

Also note globally means any connected node and any other nodes connected
to those nodes down the line. So make sure this is what you want to do and
those you are sending it to want to hear it.