[arm-allstar] Playing mp3 via Allstar DTMF command

Kyle Krieg kylekrieg at gmail.com
Tue Aug 13 21:18:37 EDT 2019

We are looking at playing a sound file via DTMF commands.  The original
starts as an mp3 file.

Looking at the newsline script, looks like we need to run the mp3 through
the sox program to get it into a format AllStar can play?

What does this sox command line look like?

If we want to play this to all connected nodes, we would use playback
instead of localplay and the command would be ????

/usr/bin/asterisk -rx "rpt playback 40105 soundfile"

Just want to make sure I'm heading down the right path.

Thanks
Kyle