[arm-allstar] 4x4 keypad for Allstar

Travis French tfrench at pcb.com
Thu Sep 20 06:26:11 EDT 2018

Good Morning Doug,

Steve here had an interesting suggestion below and we were curious as to what you thought. Would it be better to read the DTMF digitally or by injecting it into the audio line with a tone? Is that method also a possibility and maybe less invasive? Is the audio input line monitored at all times? That could be an obstacle.

At first I was thinking about DC blocking and filtering but one would not be keying while talking so maybe only DC blocking would be necessary.

Again, curious of your thoughts and if there was an advantage to one method over the other?

Thank you in advance,

Travis E. French – K2PCB