[arm-allstar] Echolink Connect announcements

Doug Crompton wa3dsp at gmail.com
Sat Sep 1 23:29:44 EDT 2018

Mike,

Try

telemdefault=2  and echolinkdefault=1

This should always announce echolink and only announce local RF Allstar
connects/disconnects.  Let me know if that works.

The default echolinkdefault is 2 but that would mean you would only hear
local echolink connects and disconnects. So that is probably the problem.
Once it muted if someone came in from outside you would not hear it with
option 2. I need to get that command added in for the download image so
people see it. There are probably several seldom used commands not listed
in rpt.conf but most any command you see in documentation is usable in the
code.

The echolinkdefault command should be added after the eannmode command in
rpt.conf for clarity.  You can change the eannmode command to the type of
output you want. When you change these commands you need to reload the
rpt.conf file or restart Asterisk.

The question in my mind are the telemdefault and echolinkdefault
independent of one another or does the telemdefault have an effect on the
echolink telemetry in addition to the Allstar telemetry. I would hope they
would be independent.

The only way to really test this is to use the above commands and connect
via echolink from the outside several minutes after you restart it and see
if you get the connect message.