[arm-allstar] BCD Script location

Doug Crompton wa3dsp at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 01:54:30 EDT 2018

Robert,

 There are two ways you can do this. The easiest is just to use function
codes -

831=cmd,/etc/asterisk/local/bcd_control.sh 1 <node>
832=cmd,/etc/asterisk/local/bcd_control.sh 2 <node>
833=cmd,/etc/asterisk/local/bcd_control.sh 3 <node>
etc. (add codes for all desired channels)

The file name here is generic. Make it the name of the script you are
using. The scripts are in
/usr/local/sbin so you would want to use that directory.

But you would have to add 16 lines, in this case 831 through 846 which is
not a problem as
you can copy/paste and just edit the lines.

but if you use what I call the "autopatch" method you can setup something
like -

*6201  through *6216   to control 16 channels and the function code is
easier to understand.

The link -
https://www.hamvoip.org/Allstar_extended_functions_using_autopatch.pdf
explains how to do this. What you are basically doing is creating another
autopatch code. Instead of *61 we use *62. This is done in rpt.conf in the
function section. Then this function calls a stanza in the extensions.conf
file by name which strips the last two digits and sends them to the BCD
script as a parameter.  There is an example script in the howto you can use
to test it. It talks back the value entered.

Either way works you can take your choice. If you need more explanation let
me know.