[arm-allstar] Node txing without the radios

Kerry McKenzie kermck at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 19:25:48 EDT 2018

Hi all
By chance I was re reading the docs again on the web site and I looked
closely at the firewall instructions.
My node has been running 12 months now and in the very beginning I tried to
setup iax but had no joy in getting it to work.
I discarded any further attempts and went in to set up echolink instead.

After reading the firewall instructions I went back into my router and
checked to see what ports I had open, and in the firewall config of my
router the ports for iax were still open. I had long since forgotten that
they were open or would have any effect since nothing was working.
After closing those ports I reconnected to a friends node and waited for
the 30 minute period to come, nothing happened, and now it has been several
30 minute cycles with no interference by me to others that I am connected
to.

So I’m hoping that the problem is fixed as it is now so obvious but it has
taken a lot of hair pulling to get to this point.
I will continue to stay connected and if the issue has gone will repost to
confirm.
Thanks to all those that sent me segestions very much appreciated

Regards Kerry VK4TUB
--

regards Kerry