[arm-allstar] Allstar Link Audio

Doug Crompton wa3dsp at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 22:36:32 EDT 2018

Lonny,

 You use simpleusb-tune-menu to set.  Item 2.  Talk to your node and watch
the bar graph, It should go up to 4-5khz and not beyond. Also item B the
boost can be set or unset to raise or lower gain levels. It turning off
boost and putting the item 2 value down to single digits does not lower it
enough you will have to do it manually in hardware by using a voltage
divider on the input to the FOB from your receiver.  If the input level is
too high it will overload the input of the FOB and the level will not
correct that.

In the opposite direction (what you hear) item 3 changes the level. There
is no boost for that so again if the level is too high you will have to use
a resistive divider to lower it.

A voltage divider consists of a series resistor and a resistor to ground.
If you need to do this you could start with 10K resistors. 10K from the
radio and 10K to ground on the FOB side would be a place to start.