[arm-allstar] DS3241 RTC install on my node/ repeater controller

Vendel hot96xl at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 15 21:32:39 EDT 2018

Hi Doug, I tried the script you suggested. It appeared all went well. I shut down my node/ controller, shut down my wifi, and waited about 10 minutes. When I restarted my Pi and checked the time it announced the time I shut down my node. For some reason the RTC isn’t getting recognized. I tried the hwclock –debug command and this is what I got…

[root at K2DSI asterisk]# hwclock --debug
hwclock from util-linux 2.27.1
hwclock: cannot open /dev/rtc: No such file or directory
No usable clock interface found.
hwclock: Cannot access the Hardware Clock via any known method.

I ordered another DS3231 RTC this time with a battery rather than a Cap.. I’ll see if this one works but I’m afraid I’ll probably get the same results. This shouldn’t be all that complicated. Thanks again, Vendel.

---