[arm-allstar] HamVoIP registration

Doug Crompton wa3dsp at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 15:13:19 EST 2018

The script  filelookup_onoff.sh  in hamvoip V1.5 can be used to turn off or
on the creation of the /tmp/rpt_extnodes file. It is not needed and wasted
bandwidth if you are using dns lookup. It will determine if all your nodes
are using dns lookup and allow you to turn off the download of the file in
that case.

As I pointed out in an earlier email downloading of the rpt_extnodes file
is a terrible waste of bandwidth. If all active Allstar nodes were
downloading this file it would amount to 32 terrabytes of transfer per day!