[arm-allstar] Allstarlink Sip Bridge working?

Doug Crompton wa3dsp at gmail.com
Tue May 8 12:21:59 EST 2018

I wanted to send this again as I left out one segment. This should do it.
Of course enter your node number, IP's, Ports, password, etc.

You can setup your PBX to connect to any Allstar server though using iax
assuming you have control of both ends. Here is an example -

PBX end extensions.conf -

[radio-connect]
exten => 595,1,Wait(1)
exten => 595,n,Dial(IAX2/telephone_dialin:password at 192.168.0.151/27225)
exten => 595,n,Hangup

exten => 596,1,Wait(1)
exten => 596,n,Dial(IAX2/telephone_dialin:password at 192.168.0.154:4556/29014)
exten => 596,n,Hangup

Where password is the password at the other end and IP and port if not 4569
to the Allstar server.  This could be out on the Internet somewhere as long
as you had proper port forwarding. Mine is shown local.

At remote Allstar server end in iax.conf -

[telephone_dialin]
type=user
secret=password     ;<< change this
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
allow=g726aal2
allow=gsm
codecpriority=host
context=radio-control
transfer=no

and in extensions.conf

[radio-control]
;exten=27225,1,Answer
;exten=27225,n,Playback(rpt/node)

;exten=27225,n,Playback(letters/w)
;exten=27225,n,Playback(letters/a)
;exten=27225,n,Playback(digits/3)
;exten=27225,n,Playback(letters/d)
;exten=27225,n,Playback(letters/s)
;exten=27225,n,Playback(letters/p)
exten=27225,n,Playback(digits/2)
exten=27225,n,Playback(digits/7)
exten=27225,n,Playback(digits/2)
exten=27225,n,Playback(digits/2)
exten=27225,n,Playback(digits/5)
exten=27225,n,Playback(rpt/connected)
exten=27225,n,Rpt,27225|S

exten=29014,1,Answer
exten=29014,n,Playback(rpt/node)

exten=29014,n,Playback(letters/w)
exten=29014,n,Playback(letters/a)
exten=29014,n,Playback(digits/3)
exten=29014,n,Playback(letters/d)
exten=29014,n,Playback(letters/s)
exten=29014,n,Playback(letters/p)
exten=29014,n,Playback(digits/2)
exten=29014,n,Playback(digits/9)
exten=29014,n,Playback(digits/0)
exten=29014,n,Playback(digits/1)
exten=29014,n,Playback(digits/4)
exten=29014,n,Playback(rpt/connected)
;exten=29014,n,Rpt,29014|S
exten=29014,n,Rpt(29014|Pv)

Note one uses manual PTT and the other VOX.  The Asterisk VOX works very
well as long as you don't have a high background noise level.