[arm-allstar] March 26 update

Robert Prybyzerski w2ymm1 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 16:43:36 EST 2018

Quote.  From earlier today.

I am repeating this in case someone did not see the previous message.

The March 26 late evening update had an error in it that would preclude you
from loging in if you logged out after the update.

For those and only those that updated on the evening of March 26 until
midday March 27  - and you are not able to login here is the fix -

Best to cut and paste this if you are not a good typist. When you execute
this line you will be asked to login. It will then do the update and log
you out. Then you can login normally.

ssh -p 222 root at ip_address "/usr/local/hamvoip-pacman/bin/pacman
--noconfirm --yes -Syu"

This will update you to fix the problem. Anyone who updates now will have
the fix and will not experience this problem. If you updated during the
period of the problem and have not logged out just do an update from the
menu and it will be fixed.

Sorry for the inconvenience. Hopefully it only effected a few of you.

For those using Putty the fix is -

Enter host or IP and port as usual. Select ssh from the left dropdown menu.
On the top of the ssh screen you will see remote command. Enter -
​ (no quotes)​

/usr/local/hamvoip-pacman/bin/pacman --noconfirm --yes -Syu

select open

enter username and password.

The command will execute and the session will close. You can then normally
log back in.

Sent from my iPhone
Bob W2YMM
631-960-1051