[arm-allstar] Full duplex versus simplex

Jim Darrough jim at ki7ay.com
Tue Mar 6 13:29:29 EST 2018

At present, my node is set up as a simplex node such that it receives a
local signal and sends it over the internet to another node, which then
activates a radio (in my case a repeater system). Local users cannot
hear what is going over my node unless they are close enough to receive
my transmissions directly.

In order to act as a full duplex repeater system, I believe I would need
an additional radio, or use a dual band rig set up for crossband repeat.
As in a real repeater system one will be designated as transmit, while
the other simply receives.

There is a setting in asterisk /etc/asterisk/rpt.conf that is either
duplex=1 or duplex-2.

If I decided to put another rig on my system to make it full duplex
(obviously on a different frequency), how would the two radios be
connected to the URIx, and do I need to do anything with the software
other than select duplex=2?

73 Jim KI7AY