[arm-allstar] UPS Suggestions...

David david at kg5rdf.com
Thu Jun 28 09:09:32 EST 2018

I use these and get 14 hour backup on a pi3+:
Makerfocus Raspi UPS HAT Board for Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Pi 2B B+ A+  2500mAh Lithium Battery
Does require two power supplies though, and this is the only that I know that charges while running with over charge protection.
David KG5RDF

-------- Original message --------From: Fred Hillhouse via arm-allstar <arm-allstar at hamvoip.org> Date: 6/28/18  6:11 AM  (GMT-06:00) To: ARM Allstar <arm-allstar at hamvoip.org> Cc: Fred Hillhouse <fmhillhouse at comcast.net> Subject: Re: [arm-allstar] UPS Suggestions...
Any budget or size restrictions?

I  am checking out the PiJuice. It is carried by DigiKey and Newark so maybe some vetting was done. I looked at it after seeing a blog and video by OH8STN. If you are not attempting to keep a radio alive, this should work well. ~$50.

For a non-radio application, I hope to pick up a deep cycle battery (100AHr) with portable solar panels (150-200W). ~$1000.

Best regards,

Fred N7FMH

Get Outlook for Android

On Thu, Jun 28, 2018 at 12:35 AM -0400, ""David McGough via arm-allstar"" <arm-allstar at hamvoip.org> wrote:

What duration power outages may be expected?

Visit the BBB and RPi2/3 web page - http://hamvoip.org