[arm-allstar] disconnect from one way audio

David McGough kb4fxc at inttek.net
Fri Jun 1 06:34:08 EST 2018

Hi Brian & Scott,

I would like to take another look at the issue you're seeing, when the
problem is occurring. I've tested with several Micro-node systems
connecting at my end, etc., and can't seem to reproduce the problem.

The only case where disconnects did show up was with the IaxRpt client
software. This was due to IaxRpt not being based on the app_rpt code and
therefore it didn't implement some signaling I was expecting to see. We
developed a reliable work-around for IaxRpt.

The specific signaling which I'm monitoring has been produced by all
recent versions of the app_rpt code, going back at least 10 years---I
confirmed the signaling I'm testing for was present in app_rpt version
0.150, which is the earliest version I've got in my SVN archive.

All the code related to the one-way-audio detect/correct solution has been
in place since our 04/05/2018 release (hamvoip-asterisk-0.1.5.3-28). A
large number of nodes are using this code--at least 1000. Since there are
many Micro-nodes out there, too, I'm sure we would be hearing more reports
of problems if this was widespread.

...I'm very curious as to what's causing the disconnects!

73, David KB4FXC