[arm-allstar] Hamvoip Shutdown Script

Doug Crompton wa3dsp at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 14:20:03 EST 2018

Sean,

 The shutdown_monitor script is intended to work with the GPIO bit to
signal shutdown. All you have to do is pull the pwr_good pin, defined as
wiringpi pin 1 actual physical pin 11, low for about 5 seconds and it will
enter the shutdown state

This is discussed in two howto on the hamvoip.org web page

https://hamvoip.org/hamradio/power_shutdown_monitor/

https://hamvoip.org/hamradio/RPi2_halt_switch/

The shutdown_monitor is designed to work with the power shutdown board but
will work with any outside source that lower that pin at power failure. The
shutdown board uses a small battery to power the Pi during the shutdown
process which takes about 15 seconds.