[arm-allstar] Wireless IP Address

Doug Crompton wa3dsp at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 19:34:59 EST 2018

Mike,

The Pi wired and wireless DHCP IP addresses that are assigned are different
because they have different MAC addresses. You can't assigned two different
mac addresses to the same IP so they will have to be on different
addresses. This is why you don't run wired and wireless at the same time -
ONLY ONE at a time. Decide what you want to run on your router wired or
wireless and stick with it. Otherwise your port forwarding will not work or
only work on one. Then you can reserve that address based on the MAC
address and port forward to it.

Here is an example showing  the different mac addresses. Some lines were
removed for clarity.

ifconfig

eth0: flags=4163<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST>  mtu 1500
        ether b8:27:eb:63:26:4e  txqueuelen 1000  (Ethernet)

wlan0: flags=4099<UP,BROADCAST,MULTICAST>  mtu 1500
        ether b8:27:eb:36:73:1b  txqueuelen 1000  (Ethernet)