[arm-allstar] Playing Newsline on Allstar Pi3

Doug Crompton wa3dsp at gmail.com
Sat Jan 20 16:24:02 EST 2018

Steve,

 Case does not matter. Here is a run I did with your command line. It
obviously would not play anything with your node number but this is what
you should see. I aborted with CntrlC.

 /etc/asterisk/local/playnews/playnews-0.11 ARN now 27065
Starting Download of ARN Audio News @ 16:19:29
--2018-01-20 16:19:29--  https://www.arnewsline.org/s/news.mp3
Resolving www.arnewsline.org (www.arnewsline.org)... 198.49.23.145,
198.49.23.144, 198.185.159.145, ...
Connecting to www.arnewsline.org (www.arnewsline.org)|198.49.23.145|:443...
connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 302
Location:
https://static1.squarespace.com/static/58b08985be65947bf171e05e/t/5a61dac4e4966b802cbba1c3/1516362443633/news.mp3
[following]
--2018-01-20 16:19:29--
https://static1.squarespace.com/static/58b08985be65947bf171e05e/t/5a61dac4e4966b802cbba1c3/1516362443633/news.mp3
Resolving static1.squarespace.com (static1.squarespace.com)...
151.101.208.238
Connecting to static1.squarespace.com
(static1.squarespace.com)|151.101.208.238|:443...
connected.
Length: 4814678 (4.6M) [audio/mp3]
Saving to: '/tmp/news.mp3'

/tmp/news.mp3             100%[==================================>]
4.59M  3.53MB/s    in 1.3s

2018-01-20 16:19:31 (3.53 MB/s) - '/tmp/news.mp3' saved [4814678/4814678]

Download complete @ 16:19:31
Converting from MP3 to wav and normalizing
Creating /tmp/news.part1.wav
Creating /tmp/news.part2.wav
Creating /tmp/news.part3.wav
Creating /tmp/news.part4.wav
Creating /tmp/news.part5.wav
Creating /tmp/news.part6.wav
Creating /tmp/news.part7.wav
Creating /tmp/news.part8.wav
Creating /tmp/news.part9.wav
Converting to individual ulaw format files
Converting to /tmp/news.part1.ul
Converting to /tmp/news.part2.ul
Converting to /tmp/news.part3.ul
Converting to /tmp/news.part4.ul
Converting to /tmp/news.part5.ul
Converting to /tmp/news.part6.ul
Converting to /tmp/news.part7.ul
Converting to /tmp/news.part8.ul
Converting to /tmp/news.part9.ul
ARN news will start now and use playback (global) mode on node - 27065
Press any key to start news...^C