[arm-allstar] Baofeng Products

William Freeman william.paul.freeman at gmail.com
Wed Jan 10 16:43:24 EST 2018

Baofeng's issue are notorious and well known. It's why I've pretty much
banned their usage on my repeater. I caught a lot of flak for it (even
though these people are nowhere near in-range of my repeater), but am glad
that I did. I was tired of the terrible sounding audio and DTMF not
working. There's only so many times I will be kicked in the teeth. I also
found that Baofengs can sometimes (keyword is SOMETIMES) attract the wrong
crowd. My advice is steer clear of them, if you're using it on a system
like AllStar that can be linked up anywhere in the world.

--
William Freeman