[arm-allstar] Node not registered (Doug Crompton)

Barry Buelow iabarryyy at gmail.com
Sun Feb 25 15:29:40 EST 2018

Re: Node not registered (Doug Crompton)

Barry,

  As pointed out they should be on different iax ports but I doubt that is
the issue.
BB: I don't think ports is an issue as it all works fine for weeks.

There is a script called checkreg.sh in the distribution.  It reads using
BOTH file and DNS lookup and display all nodes on your server. In my case
shown here I only use DNS. Have you switched to DNS? Is this a registration
problem or a node lookup problem?

BB:
My problem is strictly no incoming connects. I can connect outgoing even though the node is not registered.

What shows at the Allstar status server
is really insignificant in that it can be wrong and is really meaningless
as to whether your node is actually working. If you node is registered and
has the ability to lookup nodes it is working.
BB: here is what I get

[root at Node42186 ~]# check_reg.sh

Node - 42186 at IP address 97.127.173.2:4569 is Registered
  DNS lookup returns - +OK|radio at 97.127.173.2:4569/42186,97.127.173.2