[arm-allstar] Skywarn Alerts

David McGough kb4fxc at inttek.net
Fri Feb 2 08:42:33 EST 2018

Ah, the message translates to "Good Golf Weather!"  LOL

We'll take a look-

73, David KB4FXC

On Fri, 2 Feb 2018, "Mr. Possum (Bill) via arm-allstar" wrote:

> I have noticed the same thing...  "Special Weather Statement" keeps popping up...  Out of nowhere, for no reason...  And then it won't TELL me what that "Special Weather Statement" actually is!
> It's a clear, sunny day...  What is this "Special Weather Statement" I keep hearing about?!?  Are we about to freeze to death?  Is a Tsunami coming?  Is the sun about to explode?  Did the polar ice caps melt over night?
>
> I have noticed the same thing - and it makes me wonder...
>
> Bill - N5MBM

the latest update?  At the top of the hour when it ID's, gives the time
and temperature it sometimes announces "Update Special Weather
Statement".  It does not seem to be every hour, maybe every other hour
or so.  I live in Las Vegas we do not get a lot of these, mostly wind or
excessive heat or flood in summer.  It worked great until I ran the
update Tuesday morning, now I get the messages now and then.  It is a
personal node so it is not being broadcast on a repeater but I was
wondering if something changed with the update.  Thanks for any info you
can assist with.