[arm-allstar] More Weather questions

Doug Crompton wa3dsp at gmail.com
Sat Dec 8 00:59:51 EST 2018

George,

    Again I ask please do not tag onto digest messages. Create a new
thread! It makes it very hard to track things.

In answer to your questions -

The weather is current and reflects whatever the NWS has for that zip code.
It comes to you in milliseconds and is interrogated at the time you execute
the command.  That being said temperature can really never be spot on due
to location inaccuracies. Height of measurement and so many other factors.
If the measurement point is nearby it should be close but within +- a few
degrees would be average. Most of the weather comes from the NWS but you
have the option of getting it from other sources. Example -

>From my zip code -

# weather.sh 18954
22°F, -6°C / Clear

>From my personal weather station -
# weather.sh  w-kparichb3
22°F, -6°C

>From the Philadelphia airport - about 20 miles south of me.

# weather.sh  KPHL
28°F, -2°C / Clear

So you can see that at least for me zip and my personal weather station are
in sync.

or the hourly weather, the 3 times I checked the stated temperature with
the airport here in Redmond, Oregon it was spot on.?
I was also going to ask where the weather data comes from? ?Also, when is
the information received by the node. With internet delays, it surely isn't
determined when the announcement is being made. So how long in advance is
the temperature made available to the node? What triggers the node to query
some weather site??
Thanks.?

Regards,
George, NJ3H