[arm-allstar] Distorted audio.

gm4upx at gb7jd.co.uk gm4upx at gb7jd.co.uk
Thu Aug 2 10:16:22 EST 2018

> Message: 2
> Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2018 19:41:06 -0400
> From: Tom Eaton <kc4cbq at gmail.com>
> To: ARM Allstar <arm-allstar at hamvoip.org>
> Subject: [arm-allstar] Tx Audio broken distorted
>
> Node started having distorted audio on TX side only rx ok and across
> internet ok, tried  different transmitter, then new fob, and pi, no
> change.
> Changed SD card and audio now ok.
> What could it be in HAMVOIP that could have caused this, and can it be
> fixed or just start over with new SD card.
>
> It is running latest ver. as of last week when i did update.
>
> Tom, KC4CBQ

Tom,

My suggestion would be to check option three from simpleusb-tune-menu
and adjusting the current setting downwards.
Please enter your selection now: 3
Current setting on Tx Channel A is 350
Enter new Tx A Level setting (0-999, or C/R for none):
I have found this necessary when changing or testing node radios.

Regards,
Ian..