[arm-allstar] Transmit on Boot or Restart

Doug Crompton wa3dsp at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 12:28:44 EST 2018

Travis,

 As I pointed out when using cosfrom of usb turning off the radio will
cause the node to keyup any outstanding connections. Here are the rules -

In portable operation if you are shutting down your need to turn off both
the server and the radio properly. Doing this manually you would use the
DTMF code (Typically *B1) to shutdown the server. It will tell you it is
going down via a message to the radio. Then remove power from both the
radio and the server. You should never just remove power from the server
without shutting it down properly.

If you used the power down board it would be automatic when you disconnect
power from both the radio and the server it would properly shutdown the
server using the backup battery and then remove power from both the server
and the radio. This is assuming you are using an 888.