[arm-allstar] Baofeng 888s, RIM-Lite, RPi Allstar node low audio.

Doug Crompton wa3dsp at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 20:10:35 EST 2018

Mike,

 Welcome to getting on Allstar. The 999 and rxboost on setting is the
highest you can go and much higher than you should need to. The brown wire
in the photo you r are referring to is the one that goes to the 888 Mic
input and that is the audio you here back on your radio listening to your
node. The green wire off of the volume pot is what is the node radio
receives when you talk to it from from your radio.

The first thing you should do is using the simpleusb-tune-menu (item 13
from the admin menu) select number 2 - rx audio. Then use your radio to
talk to your node. There is a bar graph and your audio should peak up to
5-6khz on the display. If it is high or low press return and change the
value and press return again and check to see how it has changed. When you
are happy with how it sounds hit return twice. Item 3 on the menu adjust TX
audio - what you hear. Adjust it for a comfortable - not distorted level on
your radio that matches what you hear from other repeaters etc with the
same volume setting on the radio.

If you want to arrange a time when we could meet up on Allstar you can let
me know what might be good for you and we can hook up. Send me a personal
message with your node and a good time.

The 888's and the USB FOBS vary so the resistor selection can also. Yu may
need to raise or lower the values to get what you want. Typically the 888's
run around 600-750 with rxboost on but your mileage may vary